- I am better than...
- I am worse than...
- I am equal to...
4 bodhisvata vows:
- beings are numberless, I vow to save them.
- desires are inexhaustible, I vow to end them.
- dharma gates are boundless, I vow to enter them.
- buddha's way is unsurpassable, I vow to become it.
- all composite phenomena are impermanent
- all contaminated things and events are unsatisfactory
- all phenomena are empty and selfless
- nirvana is true peace
4 noble truths:
- life is suffering.
- suffering is caused by selfish craving.
- selfish craving can be destroyed.
- it can be destroyed by following the Eightfold Path.
- right Understanding
- right Purpose
- right Speech
- right Conduct
- right Vocation
- right Effort
- right Alertness
- right Concentration
8 worldly concerns:
- belief in a separate "self"
- attachment to ritual
- sensual desire
- ill will
- attachment to material existence
- attachment to immaterial existence